Satya Saluja Literacy Foundation (SSLF) is a charitable trust founded in the loving memory of late Smt. Satya Saluja on 7th April 2015 in Faridabad. Smt. Satya Saluja, a social worker & founder of the Faridabad Hospital Welfare Association dedicated her entire life to the cause of improving healthcare services in the remote parts of the country. During her pursuit of providing healthcare services to the needy, she faced several issues; one of the prominent was the lack of skilled manpower. SSLFwas founded keeping this in mind.
To bridge the gap in the skilled workforce in the healthcare sector, SSLF initiated Virohan Institute of Health and Management Sciences, as a state of the art facility to provide education and training to youth and women for employment in the healthcare sector. Since its launch in September 2015, the Institute has reached at least 35 peri-urban or rural communities with a population of 500,000 in Haryana and Delhi-NCR. The Institute runs more than 18 certificate and diploma courses in healthcare, and about 500 students are enrolled in these.
Over a period of time, SSLF has broadened its activities related to skill development in other sectors such as automotive, and IT &ITeS.
SSLF is a training partner of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and is affiliated to Health Sector Skill Council (HSSC) for providing quality training to students in compliance with HSSC’s National Occupational Standards (NOS). It has implemented government skill development projects viz. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), National Digital Literacy Mission and UDAAN.
The goal of the foundation is to facilitate skilled manpower in various sectors of the economy and enhance the employability of youth, especially women and underprivileged, for better livelihoods and quality of life.
To contribute to the growth of Indian economy, by bridging the skill gaps in its various sectors
SSLF mission is to train and skill 25,000 professionals in various sectors by 2022
- SSLF institute Virohan has trained 500 candidates in 18 courses pertaining to allied healthcare sector
- As an implementing of NSDC’s UDAAN Schemes for Jammu & Kashmir, SSLF trained 30 candidates for the job roles of Sales executive and desktop publishing.
- Its affiliate TCS and Associates Private Limited (TCSAPL) that runs a motor driving school in Faridabad has successfully trained over 2000 people in the last 3 years by developing their Software Skills, Management Skills, Entrepreneurship Skills, Automobile Industrial Skills, etc.
- SSLF is implementing NSDC’s skill development program with a mandate to train 22000 candidates in seven years for various sectoral job roles
- Under PMKVY, SSLF has provided skill training to 90 candidates in courses related to healthcare sector
In order to download the SSLF Brochure pdf file CLICK HERE